Monday 9 July 2012

Favourite Products - 1

Since money has been very tight over the last 2 months, since I stopped working and me and my fiance are moving 11 hours away in a month or so, I've definitely had to cut down on spending, when it came to beauty products this was very hard, but it has been fun trying new things out, most of my favourites are now drug store products.. These are the things ice been loving of the last month :)



Maybelline Fit Me Powder.
This would be my favourite powder, I give it a 9/10... I've knocked a point off because the colour selection could be a lot better, as I have pale yellow toned skin and the lighter shades of this run very pink/peachy. But I have been using colour 210 which is sandy beige which is the lightest yellow toned colour which matches me fine when I have a tan.. which brings me to my next product.

Playboy GLITZ tanning solution.
As a spray tanning technician, I have tried a lot of tanning solutions, and didn't try this one for awhile because it was on the cheaper side. I use this in 5% and 9% (the higher percentage the darker it is). 9% came out very dark on me, which I would like more during the summer time, but since its winter I've been using the 5% on a regular basis and love it, it would have to be one of my favourite spray tanning solutions. I buy this in the airbrush method but there are other methods available from there website. www.playboytanning.com/

Two Faced Shadow Insurance.
I've used a lot of eye primers but always seem to return to this one. I love the consistency and it last ages. My eyes have the tenancy to crease as they are hooded and strangely enough my skin always gets oily during the winter months, but is dry during the hotter months which is odd. In Australia, or at least where I am living there is no place to buy this product, the closest location is the gold coast, which is 2 hours away at a KIT cosmetics counter, so that is a down fall, hopefully there will be one closer in the town I'm moving to - fingers crossed-'

Maybelline XXL Pro Curl Mascara
I was using Last Blast for ages, but switch to this when my mum bought it in the wrong colour(she likes browns, I love blacks) and surprisingly loved it, it is double ended, one end is a lash primer and the other other is the colour. The brush is curved for perfect curled lashes. I don't know how well this works to curl lashes but I already have naturally curled, long lashes and look for a mascara that gives volume without clumping and this works like a charm.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipsticks
I have 3 from this line and love them, they are very moisturising which is great in the winter months, I tend to get chapped lips from the wind, they are very shiny like a gloss and a lipstick combined, the only downfall is they are very long lasts(an hour tops for me) but they are great to keep with you and reapply, don't need a mirror because they aren't very bright or opaque colours, and don't need a brush, just a apply and go!

Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen
I personally don't like liquid eye liners, I'm too blind to see what I'm doing, I have to get very close the the mirror to do my eye makeup lol. But this pen is amazing, so easy to apply and long lasting, A+

MAC Prolong Wear Concealer - NC20
Honestly the first time I bought this I hated it, but now I know how to apply it and love it! less is more with this product. Coverage is great, the staying power is amazing!

NYX Highlight and Contour Palette
I've only had this for about a week and I LOVE it. They are both matte, the bronzer is very dark brown which kind of scared me to start with because I'm quite fair skinned, but this is the perfect matte bronzer I just apply it with my MAC 187 and its a perfect colour and its cheap! I was using two faced chocolate soleil bronzer for the last 6 months which is a nice matte bronzer, but I found it to be a bit too pink toned for my liking(plus sooo much more expensive!) I will be sticking to this bronzer for a long time, although I do want to try benefits hoola bronzer which I have the extra $$

They are my favourite products of the moment, I won't be doing these are monthly favourites, just whenever I have enough favourite new products to do a blog.


xox








No comments:

Post a Comment