Thursday 5 July 2012

My Top 10 MAC Favourites and Mini Reviews.


By far my favourite cosmetic company is MAC cosmetics. In this post i will be listing my current top 10 favourite products with mini reviews, it was hard to narrow down, but think I managed quite well.
First of all, the reason my obsession started with this company is because its the only company I've found so far that has a match to my skin tone! & I've tried sooooo many foundations, its ridiculous. Enough rambling, lets get started.

  • Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC20
    Personally i don't use this as an everyday foundation anymore because it is a high coverage foundation, but i love using this for special occasions, events and when getting photos taken, it photographs amazingly! 

  • Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
    I'm addicted to glowy/dewy skin. This is the most amazing highlight I've used, gives such an amazing glow to the skin, i like this better on my pale skin though, not so much when i have a tan. But never the less, definitely in my top 10.

  • Cream Colour Bases in Luna, Fabulush and Fawntastic
    Luna is another amazing highlight which is still available, but the other 2 are unfortunately discontinued, they are still available at some stores and counters and i think they are available threw mac pro. Fabulush is a very vibrant red with gold reflects, i use it alone on my cheeks or under a blush to make it more vibrant. Fawntastic is my favourite which I've recently run out of unfortunately, its a beige/bronze kind of shade which i used as a cream bronzer. My favourite way to apply these is with my next favourite product.

  • 187 Stippling 'skunk' Brush
    This is by far my favourite brush the mac has, i have had mine for over a year now and its still perfect, mac brushes are a bit pricey but are well worth the money, i'm going to be buying another one soon because i use it for everything - powder, blush, bronzer, highlight. I used to used it for liquid foundation but its was a bitch having to clean it just to use it again for my powders, hence why i want to get another one.

  • Prolong Wear Concealer in NC20
    To be honest i have a love/hate relationship with this, but i always end up repurchasing. The staying power of this stuff is phenomenal, the colour matches me perfectly, i would say its medium coverage but can be built to full. But i definitely need a good moisturize/primer on my skin first or it can look a bit dry. I really wish they would change the packaging, that's my biggest problem with this, it has a pump, but always dispenses to much product so you tend to waste a fair bit of it.

  • Pressed Eyeshadows
    All the eyeshadows I've used, I've loved! They are great texture and have amazing staying powder. I use carbon on a everyday basis, it would have to be my favourite, i also love woodwinked, satin taupe, sketch, brule... and the list could go on. 

  • Fluidline in Blacktrack
    Best gel liner I've come across, i have hooded eyes so gel liners tend to crease on me, but not this one! Also if you cry with this on, its stays put. You only need to use the littlest amount so it lasts ages.

  • Eyelashes in 1, 31 and 34
    i used to be a fake eyelash junkie, wore them everyday! but now i only wear them for special occasions, events and when i know i'll be getting photos taken. Best lashes I've ever come across and I've tried a lot!

  • Face and Body Foundation
    I find this is a great foundation for everyday use as its light to buildable coverage, its looks like your skin but better, gives a nice glowy look, if you have spots or dark circles you'll need a concealer though. You get alot more for you money with this foundation as well its 120mL instead of the usual 30mL you usually get. But doesn't have as many colours, i think its has 12 shades.

  • Studio Fix Powder in C2
    This is my favourite high coverage powder that gives super matte appearance, but i also use this to set my makeup by dusting it over my face lightly. Works perfectly fine in photoshoots but tends to leave a white cast over my face with 'not so good' flash photos like when i take a photo with my iPhone.


xox


No comments:

Post a Comment