Thursday 5 July 2012

Review: Maybelline Fit Me foundation, powder and concealer.

I've been using these products for about the past 3 months. I have a love/hate relationship with these. First of all I want to start by saying the colour range isn't great, which is a let down because they advertised this and hyped up that you can find a colour to fit you perfectly, which is simply untrue. For a colour reference im a NC in mac. Although maybe i shouldn't be so harsh because i always find it hard to find a foundation anywhere close to my skin tone. I have very pale skin, that is very yellow under toned(when i tan, im olive) and most brands in there lighter shades they are all pink or peach toned! :(
Anyways, sorry for the rant. I originally bought this is 120 which is creamy ivory, i got the foundation, powder and concealer. I could tell it was pinkish under-toned but decided to buy it anyway, i couldn't get it to work with my colour, although i really liked the formula. Im a spray tan technician so i have a tanning kit at home and taught my fiance how to tan me, so i got a spray tan went back and bought the colour in 210 sandy beige, which is the lightest yellow toned they have, which 'fit me' alot better ahahaha. The foundation is a very creamy foundation, which has a good consistency so i could apply it lightly and get a very light coverage or i could build it to a medium coverage. I use this with my fingers over a primer and it looks very nice, i tried using this with a brush(mac 187) but it looked very cakey and sat on top on the skin, i also tried it with a sponge but the coverage was to sheer, but the fingers worked like a charm. Next onto the concealer, it gives quite a light coverage, which i personally don't like in a concealer, might a well use foundation? so i haven't been using the concealer, and onto the last product which is the powder which i absolutely LOVE its my favourite powder! it has such a nice finish and gives alot of coverage, but you can also use it just to dust over the foundation and set it. Such an amazing powder. The staying power of this foundation is alright, i find i have to touch up about 4 hours after applying, which is odd because i don't have oily skin but this seems to make me oily after a very hours(i prefer to call this a natural glow though ahahaha ha) The foundation gives a dewy finish which i love. I have quite prominent similar lines, and fine if i apply foundation there is creases after about an hour, so i very got very lightly there. So it probably isn't a great foundation for mature skin.

Overall i would rate these products
Foundation - 7/10
Powder - 9/10
Concealer - 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment